Victorian Government Restriction Update
All of our latest COVID-19 Restriction Updates can be found here.
On Sunday 22 November the Premier announced a further easing of restrictions, with Victoria taking further steps toward COVID Normal.
You can view the Premier’s statement here, with further information on what is changing available here.
Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria are now at the same position on the roadmap to reopening, with a summary of restrictions as they impact gymnastics below:
Indoor sport and recreation, including fitness centres and gyms:
- Patron cap of 150 people.
- Group limit of 20 people.
- Density quotient of 1 per 4 square metres
- Large multipurpose sporting facilities will be able to open with a 25 per cent total venue cap
- For classes, a group limit of 20 participants indoors, and 50 participants outdoors
- Outdoor open
- Indoor up to 150 people indoors, density quotient of 1 per 4 square metres, no group size limit.
Further information including FAQs are being updated on the Gymnastics Victoria website here. You can find the comprehensive Restricted Activity Directions here through the DHHS website.
The State Government have also updated FAQs which are available under recreation services sector guidance on the coronavirus website.
This is great news for our sport and our community. Please contact the Gymnastics Victoria office on email@example.com or (03) 9005 4700 if you have any queries.